Here are the contest details, copied word-for-word from the contest site. Again, post any nominations on their announcement page, not here! Thanks in advance!
The winners of the science prize will be announced on June 21, 2010. Here's the schedule:
May 24, 2010:
May 31, 2010
- The nominations are opened. Please nominate your favorite science blog entry by placing the URL for the blog post (the permalink) in the comments section of this post. You may also add a brief comment describing the entry and saying why you think it should win.
- Blog posts longer than 4,000 words are not eligible.
- Each person can only nominate one blog post.
- Entries must be in English.
- The editors of 3QD reserve the right to reject entries that we feel are not appropriate.
- The blog entry may not be more than a year old. In other words, it must have been written after May 23, 2009.
- You may also nominate your own entry from your own or a group blog (and we encourage you to).
- Guest columnists at 3 Quarks Daily are also eligible to be nominated, and may also nominate themselves if they wish.
- Nominations are limited to the first 200 entries.
- Prize money must be claimed within a month of the announcement of winners.
- You may also comment here on our prizes themselves, of course!
June 7, 2010
- The nominating process will end at 11:59 PM (NYC time) of this date.
- The public voting will be opened immediately afterwards.
June 21, 2010
- Public voting ends at 11:59 PM (NYC time).
- The winners are announced.