In the last week, several posts (mostly old ones) had spam comments posted. I think I've deleted most of these, but let me know if I've missed one.
Further, maybe it's now a good time to put into writing my (previously unspoken) comments policy. I haven't had any trouble beyond the occasional spam, but for posterity:
- I retain the right to change the method of posting comments, to change this comments policy, or to disable comments altogether, without any notice.
- I receive email notification of every comment, so it's no use trying to hide comments on old posts.
- Please don't make any personal attacks on people. If a flame war breaks out, I'll kill the comments pronto. Unwarranted personal attacks will be deleted.
- Please keep comments relevant to the discussion at hand. Comments that I feel are way off-topic may be deleted.
- Comments containing foul language will be deleted. This is a family-friendly site.
- Comments containing advertising for commercial products are not allowed. Any such comments will be deleted.
- Advertisements for events (such as meetings, TV shows, movies, etc.) that may be of general interest may be posted, but I reserve the right to review and delete any such comments without notice.
- Comments that are libelous or slanderous are illegal and will be deleted upon detection, though a copy may be retained for law enforcement.
- If you see a comment that you feel is inappropriate, please let me know. I will respond as I see fit, which may include deleting said comment, allowing a rebuttal, or no action at all.
I am a strong believer in freedom of speech, and I am generally pretty tolerant. In fact, I encourage discussion and commenting. And, as I said, there haven't been too many problems yet. But I do intend to keep a tight lid on things. If you want to argue with me or with someone else, there are other forums for such things. Thanks for your understanding.